BOA slapped, again

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by DKR, Apr 20, 2024.

1. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

State financial officers put Bank of America on notice for allegedly 'de-banking' conservatives | Fox News

State financial officers put Bank of America on notice for allegedly 'de-banking' conservatives
    'Americans should never have to worry that their personal financial decisions will be weaponized against them,' Kentucky state auditor says.

"A group of 15 financial officers representing 13 states issued a warning to Bank of America over its alleged practices of "politicized de-banking" targeting conservatives."

No surprise if you have been paying attention. The Net-Zero join was a surprise.

CraftyMofo and Ura-Ki like this.
  2. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

BOA and USAA just shut down Trump Attorney accounts. Divest and go elsewhere. Regardless of what you may think of Trump this kind of interference in both the Presidential Election and the courts is despicable.

DESPICABLE: Bank of America, USAA Shut Down Trump Attorney Accounts

I closed my BOA account years ago when I paid someone by check and when they presented it to them for payment they were charged $5 because they didn't have a BOA account.

SB21 and CraftyMofo like this.
  3. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Bank of America is a publicly held company owned by shareholders. Institutional investors own about 59% of its shares. The largest shareholder is Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway, which owns about 13% of the shares.
    AND
    1. Vanguard Group: A leader in low-cost index funds, Vanguard -- a registered investment advisor headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania -- owns about 608 million shares of Bank of America, representing a 7.7% stake. The Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund (VTI -0.79%), the Vanguard Institutional 500 Index Fund (NASDAQMUTFUND:VFFSX), and the Vanguard Value Index Fund (VVIAX 0.15%) own the company's three largest stakes in the stock.
    2. BlackRock (BLK 0.36%): Based in New York City, publicly traded BlackRock is the world's largest institutional money manager and the owner of iShares exchange-traded funds. BlackRock owns over 491 million Bank of America shares, or 6.2% of its outstanding common stock. Its iShares Core S&P 500 ETF (IVV -0.87%) owns about 0.9% of Bank of America's shares.
    3. State Street (STT 0.45%): Boston-based financial services company and custodial bank State Street owns more than 290 million Bank of America shares, or about 3.7% of the company. Its SPDR S&P 500 ETF (SPY -0.87%), the first exchange-traded fund (ETF) in history, owns almost 81 million shares, about 1% of Bank of America's stock.
    4. Fidelity Management & Research: Boston-based Fidelity, a privately held financial services firm, owns more than 187 million Bank of America shares, representing a stake of almost 2.4%. More than 82 million of those shares are owned by its Fidelity 500 Index Fund (NASDAQMUTUALFUND:FXAI.X), roughly 1% of Bank of America's common stock.
    All are big fans of DEI and Social scoring. This is why I use a credit union.

CraftyMofo likes this.
  4. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

There's a lot of banks that do that now ,, charge to cash a check ,,, some banks you can talk to them and tell them not to do it ,, if they cash checks there often .

Years ago I opened an account with BOA ,, and was trying to build my credit ,, so I applied for a prepaid credit card ,, with a 300 dollar limit. I gave them a hundred bucks to start the card account,, on top of the checking and savings account. I was supposed to have the card in 10-14 days . 3 weeks later ,, no card . I went to the bank and said I hadn't received my card ,,, the lady checked and said they couldn't do the prepaid card ,,, WTF ,,,,, after a little pissed off conversation,, I said fine ,,, give me all my money back ,, I closed my accounts,,, then they didn't want to give me the 100 bucks I put down on the card .

Another time I was gonna open an account with another bank . I went in and said I wanted to start an account ,, she was all friendly and asked for my ID ,, a few minutes later ,, she comes back with an attitude for some reason and says we can't do it ,,, I put my hand in my pockets,, pulled out 10,000 cash , and an 8500 dollar check . I thru out a few f'k yall's ,,, and didn't even try to get an account with any bank for the next 5 yrs or so .

5. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

My small town bank doesn't even report to the credit agencies. "We don't care about those big-city people and their opinions, Zimmy"

6. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

Let me know who that bank is and I may open an account with them.

mysterymet and CraftyMofo like this.
  7. Jerry Fisk

Jerry Fisk Monkey

My small local bank would not cash a 20k check for me. The guy that wrote it gave a note and his personal phone number and said have them call me. He owns the Swiss national banks amoung other large business and is a billionaire, they refused to cash it before 2 weeks. I changed banks. My other bank I use now has cashed up to 150k checks for me.

Zimmy likes this.
  8. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Your small local bank may not have had that much cash on hand, and NO bank will give you access to the funds in less than 24 hours.

mysterymet likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7